Hi,

>> I thought I understood how to block a specific domain from being able
>> to send mail to users on my server, but I must be doing something
>> wrong. In main.cf I have:
>>
>> check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access,
>> check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/client_access
>>
>> among others, in the smtpd_recipient_restrictions section. In
>> client_access I have the domains that should be allowed:
>>
>> mail.mydomain.com OK
>>
>> In sender_access I have a list that should be blocked:
>>
>> .domain1.com REJECT
>> .domain2.com REJECT
>
> This syntax requires that smtpd_access_maps IS NOT listed in
> parent_domain_matches_subdomains. If you stick to the default
> value, drop the initial dot in .example.com to match example.com
> and all subdomains.

Thank you everyone for all of your help. These are the instructions
that got it to work for me. Although I'm not sure why.

I don't have parent_domain_matches_subdomains anywhere in my postfix
configuration, so I assumed the leading dot was necessary to match
subdomains. Why is this not necessary?

If you could direct me to where I should RTFM, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex