On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Mikael Bak wrote:

Simon Morvan wrote:
The last time I tried it, Zen included too many legitimate users behind
ADSL lines. The "Policy" behind PBL is a bit too restrictive. Maybe it
changed, I'll give it another try.

Can you please tell me why an ADSL user would send legitimate email
without using the ISP's SMTP server?

At ths risk of this moving too far away from Postfix, let me just ask if you're thinking ADSL means dynamic IP address? There are many legitimate mail servers on static IP ADSL lines (including mine) provided by ISPs with "servers permitted" policies. Typically these are business-class services but not always (my ISP does not distinguish between residential and business but their services are not priced for the mass-market residential user). Why handle the outgoing mail myself? Better control. If there's a problem, it sits on my system where I can see it and deal with it, not on my ISP's server where it's invisible to me.

-- Larry Stone
   lston...@stonejongleux.com