On Monday 02 November 2009 14:38:36 Peter Macko wrote:

> > You want postfix to generate a bounce back to the sender
> > rather than correctly refusing the mail? Why?
>
> Because the sender do not receive any notification, that he sent a message
> to invalid user.

It sounds like an AVG problem.

There is no requirement that SMTP submission always work, so if your email
client can't handle an error it suggests it is broken.

I'm not sure working around failure to handle error conditions is the smart
approach, as your users will then silently lose email when a different error
condition arises.

My email client says "I'll leave it in the outbox till you fix it" when this
occurs.