cont...@rusanu.com put forth on 11/18/2009 10:05 AM:
> Thanks Andreas,
>
> The reject would be '553 Mail from ... not allowed', so it sounds like a
> dead end trying to configure postfix to handle this.
> Suggestions on how to workaround are welcome.

Given that the Amazon cloud is likely universally smtp blocked and will
continue to be in the foreseeable future, you're probably not going to
be able to work around this rejection problem by tweaking how postfix
delivers mail.  I blocked the Amazon cloud /18 in April, and sometime
around late summer (US) a thread ran through the spam-l list causing
universal blocking via the members.  I'm sure the list of sites blocking
it has only grown since then.

Your best solution is to find a relayhost with good reputation from
which you can send the email, one that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg
to do so.  Or, better yet, ditch the Amazon cloud and sign up with a
decent colo/vps/web hosting shop whose IP space isn't universally smtp
blocked.  There are thousands of such providers out there offering ultra
cheap service.  Do some research and pick one whose IP space isn't in
scorched earth territory.

--
Stan