Ralf Hildebrandt:
> * Peter S?rensen <mas...@sdu.dk>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We use postfix in front of our local email servers where 80% is based on
> > exchange. We have around
> > 25000 users/distlist/emaillist
> >
> > We would like to implement a system where all email addresses are known and
> > which server will handle it.
> > Because this is a heterogeneous environment the system should contain all
> > valid email addresses and the
> > name of destination server for this.  I can't use AD for this. I can't use
> > transport maps to do this.
>
> I use virtual_alias_maps for that
>
> ralf.hildebra...@charite.de --> loginn...@mailboxserver.charite.de

Another option would be to implement the mail gateway example in
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#firewall

To avoid the problem that virtual aliasing changes the recipient address:

- List the domain in relay_domains

- Use relay_recipient_maps to reject non-existent recipients

- Use transports_maps for u...@example.com -> smtp:[servername] mapping.

("I can't use X" is unclear. I read this as "I don't know X would
solve this problem").