Hi,

I am having problems understanding how I can configure my outbound server
to send mail both locally hosted users for a given list of domains and users on
unknown domain (such as msn.com, yahoo.com, aol.com, etc).

Currently, I can send to both locally hosted users and non-hosted domains.
However, I can't seem to solve a problem where locally hosted domains,
if I send to unknown_u...@locallyhosteddomain, I don't get a 550 error code.
I don't see postfix calling the virtual_mailbox_domain ldap query to check if
the domain is local.

Any suggestion on how I can modify the configuration to solve my problem?
- George

alias_maps =
bounce_queue_lifetime = 1d
bounce_size_limit = 1
bounce_template_file = $config_directory/bounce.cf
command_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/sbin
config_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/conf
daemon_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/libexec
data_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/data
debug_peer_level = 2
disable_vrfy_command = yes
html_directory = no
mail_name = MUA Thirdparty client Interface
mail_owner = postfix
mailq_path = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/sbin/mailq
manpage_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/man
maximal_queue_lifetime = 1d
message_size_limit = 23000000
milter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} v {client_name} {client_ptr}
milter_header_checks = regexp:$config_directory/oms_header_check
mydestination =
mynetworks = $config_directory/mynetworks
myorigin = example.com
newaliases_path = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/sbin/newaliases
notify_classes =
queue_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/spool
readme_directory = no
recipient_canonical_maps = hash:$config_directory/domain_name_maps
sample_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/conf
sendmail_path = /opt/zimbra/pf.out/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postdrop
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining
smtpd_delay_reject = no
smtpd_etrn_restrictions = reject
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_recipient_limit = 100
reject_sender_login_mismatch,     permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks = $mynetworks
smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
smtpd_sender_login_maps = ldap:$config_directory/ldap-auth.cf
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_unlisted_sender,      check_sender_access
ldap:$config_directory/ldap-sender.cf,      reject_sender_login_mismatch,
reject
smtpd_timeout = 1m
smtpd_tls_CAfile = $config_directory/intermediate.crt
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
smtpd_tls_cert_file = $config_directory/smtp.crt
smtpd_tls_key_file = $config_directory/smtp.key
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
smtpd_use_tls = yes
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
transport_maps = ldap:$config_directory/ldap--transport.cf
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps = ldap:$config_directory/ldap-vam.cf
virtual_mailbox_domains = hash:$config_directory/hash-vmd
   ldap:$config_directory/ldap-vmd.cf

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009