On 12/30/2009 11:21 AM, Serge Fonville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install a postfix server and everything seemed to work ok.
> Until I tried to mail from a remote domain to a remote domain, but
> from 'telnet localhost 25'
> I understand (suspect) this works because 127.0.0.0/8 is in mynetworks.
>
> How do I ensure that my mail server can only send mails either to or
> from mydomains?

Postfix, by default, only queues mail that is destined for that system
(mydestination or virtual settings), included in mynetworks, or listed
in relay_domains
This only changes if *you* tell Postfix not to.  The config below does
not follow this.
There are "open relay" test websites you can verify this at.

> postconf -n
>
> smtpd_banner = Infracom Mail Server

Don't change this unless you have a really good reason.
Some functionality can be lost by those connecting to you and the
current line breaks the SMTP standard.

> smtpd_use_tls = yes

This is deprecated.  Newer versions of Postfix should use
"smtpd_tls_security_level = may"