On 1/5/2010 8:02 AM, Eric Williams wrote:
I've modified smtpd_recipient_restrictions to block incoming email with a
whitelist (/etc/postfix/access) as follows:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        permit_sasl_authenticated
        permit_mynetworks
        reject_unauth_destination
        check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/access
        reject

This works great so that entries in /etc/postfix/access like:

gmail.com       OK
harvard.edu  OK

allow incoming email from those domains, all others are rejected.

I would like to apply the same access list so that users sending mail through
this server can only reach those same domains.

I've tried lots of recipient checking configs but nothing works so far. I'd
rather not do this with the firewall, keeping the whitelist monitored by
postfix only.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

add to main.cf:
smtpd_sender_restrictions =
  check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/access
  permit_auth_destination
  reject

Leave your smtpd_recipient_restrictions as they are shown above. This assumes the same domains are allowed for both incoming and outgoing, and also allows local users to send local mail. If you need to block local<->local, it gets trickier.

  -- Noel Jones