On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM, mouss <mo...@ml.netoyen.net> wrote:
> To allow relay, you need to configure smtpd_recipient_restrictions. By
> default, this contains
>        permit_mynetworks
>        reject_unauth_destination
> so if you don't change it, only "mynetworks" can relay. so you need to
> add permit_sasl_authentiated before reject_unauth_destination.

Yes, this is what is shown in the SASL Howto and how I have had my
server's submission port configured in the past.

However, in the 2.6.2 postfix distribution I'm trying to configure
now, the default definition of the submission port uses the same
restrictions, but it applies them to the smtpd_CLIENT_restrictions
parameter, NOT the smtpd_RECIPIENT_restrictions parameter. I'm trying
to understand if that is just a typo in master.cf or if the change is
legit and, if so, why.
--
        -ste