On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> Like Rome, Postfix was not built in one day.
>
> Unfortunately these is no way to AUTOMATICALLY find all the pieces
> of documentation that need to be updated when a new feature (such
> as ${domain}) is introduced.
Ah so they're the same? Could you perhaps add this to the docs for
future new-commers? :)

Another cosmetic thing that could be added here is:
- The null_sender section tells that it's also subject to the q flag,
the description of the q flag however doesn't list it.
- user and extension sections they that they're subject to u or h
flags, the respective flag descriptions mention however only
recipient, sender, domain, nexthop and original_recipien

By the way, may I ask two more minor questions, regarding pipe:
1) Why is the default for null_sender=MAILER-DAEMON? I believe you
that it has some good reason, just would like to know which one? Are
there MUAs that misbehave if they get emails with an empty return
path?

2) I do not fully understand the q flag. Does it mean that pipe gets
addresses from postfix which can contain spaces or other non-ascii
character, and with that it's encoded?

Thanks,
Philippe.