Hi List,

This is not a real postfix related question…

We offer e-mail services to our customers and some of our customers have a hard
time configuring their mail client. I noticed that most mail clients try to
'find' the correct settings when an account is configured. So the mail client
(at least the ones I've tried) only ask for a friendly username, mail address
and password and then they try to find the servers.
First I thought this was done by requesting the appropriate SRV records in DNS
so I set them up for our domain (youngguns.nl) and tried to configure an
account in Thunderbird with no success. So mail clients don't seem to use SRV
records.
Does anybody know what technique is behind the auto-discovery?

thanks,
Martijn