On January 12, 2010 2:52:58 PM -0600 Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
Frank Cusack put forth on 1/12/2010 2:29 PM:
Is it your opinion that the disadvantages I've described aren't valid?

When it comes to multiple PTRs on a single email emitting IP, yes, it is
my opinion that that the disadvantages you describe are not valid.  As a
matter of fact, I don't know of a scenario that would *require* an email
emitting IP to have multiple PTRs.  Can you post such a scenario?

I can't think of a scenario for ANY type of server that would *require*
multiple PTR records.  Not that they are infallible, but certainly
neither did the presumably smarter-than-any-of-us guys that designed
the new IPv6-friendlier getXXXXinfo() interfaces.

But I also can't think of a reason to not handle it.

-frank