Hi,

I have Postfix configured with delivery through virtual. Some users get
IMAP mailboxes and some users have their mail redirected elsewhere. I
have virtual_alias_maps set to a file like this:

f...@example.com foo...@gmail.com

I find that sometimes my mail is dropped by filters along the way
because the envelope sender is not modified. For example, if
b...@gmail.com sends mail to f...@example.com, mail.example.com ends up
sending out mail from b...@gmail.com (to foo...@gmail.com), which may not
be seen as very legitimate and goes against SPF for some domains.

What I want to do is rewrite the envelope sender such that it appears to
come from the left hand side of the alias map file, so a mail from
b...@gmail.com to f...@example.com would turn into a mail from
f...@example.com to foo...@gmail.com. Is there a way of doing this in
Postfix?

--