* Kārlis Repsons <karlis.reps...@gmail.com>:

> > According to RFC 5322:
> >
> >    from            =   "From:" mailbox-list CRLF
> >    mailbox-list    =   (mailbox *("," mailbox)) / obs-mbox-list
> >
> > Thus, one From: header may contain multiple addresses.
>
> Well, another possible trouble I was about to ask later, but still, can there
> be multiple From:?
> And in what cases can there be multiple addresses in From: field? Its
> strange.
> If anyone knows...

RFC 5322 speaks of the From: field in singluar only, thus only one is
allowed:

The originator fields of a message consist of the from field, the sender
field (when applicable), and optionally the reply-to field. The from
field consists of the field name "From" and a comma- separated list of
one or more mailbox specifications.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin