Jaroslaw Grzabel:
> I'm afraid I will reject unknown hosts with valid PTR. I don't
> want to do this.

> Wietse Venema:
> > If you are concerned that you reject mail from hosts with valid PTR,
> > then I recommend that you choose between:
> >
> > 1) reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname. As documented, this
> >    will accept any reverse name, without checking whether it resolves
> >    to to the client IP address.
> >
> > and
> >
> > 2) reject_unknown_client_hostname. As documented, this requires
> >    that the reverse hostname resolves to the client IP address.

Jaroslaw Grzabel:
> I understand (or I only think so) what you're saying. But it's not
> completely related with my problem (or I only think so). I need to
> reject them with my own custom error message. That's why I'm asking how
> to do it as I'm afraid that if I will put restriction like:

Postfix replies with:

    450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [1.2.3.4]

for a temporary error, and

    550 5.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [1.2.3.4]

for a permanent error.

With the access map you can't choose between 550 and 450. Replying
with 550 for a temporary error causes loss of legitimate mail.