Stan Hoeppner a écrit :
> Well, there's one positive side to this thread Noel.  Your reply to
> "undisclosed
> recipients" instead of the list address broke my postfix-users sort filter.  I
> just spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out.  I tried "received" and
> "return-path" and all kinds of header checks in the T-Bird message filter, and
> none of them work on this message.  They clearly should.
>
> So now I get to file a bug report on T-Bird as it's clearly not processing the
> headers correctly or obeying "custom" headers I plug in.  Hell, it won't even
> filter on Sender: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org for Pete's sake and Sender
> is
> built into the filter, not custom, IIRC.

There's no bug to field. postfix-users mail contains:

Sender: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org

so you can use List-Post or Sender (it is unfortunate that there is no
List-Id header...).

so on T-Bird, when you create a filter, in the "header" field, select
the last value to add a new header. add "List-Post". Use this to add
other headers (List-Id, Sender, X-Spam-Status, ... whatever).
then you can filter based on the newly added header.

> Regardless of the T-Bird issue, could we all please reply to the list address
> instead of burying it in a BCC?

You're using the wrong tool. From:, To:, Cc: ... are not the right
headers to identify list mail.

If you check my replies, most of the time, you won't see a "To" header,
but a Cc only. This is because I manually remove the To (which is the
original From:) unless I want to Cc the original sender. This is because
TB doesn't have a "reply to list" button (well, not in the "packaged"
version I use...).

> That's just plain silly.

Keep calm Stan!

Consider this to be a good lesson: your filtering approach is
suboptimal. For most mailing lists, you can use one of:

List-Id
List-Post
Sender

except maybe for some exceptions (but then suggest to the list admins to
implement the List-Id header).