Quoting Ralph Blach <chipp...@nc.rr.com>:

te...@cnysupport.com wrote:

Quoting Ralph Blach <chipp...@nc.rr.com>:

On my linux system, I have uses with mixed case names.

I have one user RosaliE and I want her to get mail but postfix seems to
translate this rosalie.

How do I change this behaviour.

If this is a local user, AFAIK, you can't change the behavior without hacking the code.

CASE FOLDING
     All delivery decisions are made using the  bare  recipient
     name  (i.e.  the address localpart), folded to lower case.

http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html

Do you actually want "Rosalie" and "rosalie" to refer to two distinct users, or are you just considering this as a display problem?

Terry

Thanks, I discovered this and I personally consider this a bug.  In
these days, users names need to be mixed case for security reasons.
If I have a domain name I could just run through a list of well known
names, and then fill it up with mail.

I created mixed case user names for the same reason that one should
have mixed case passwords.

Fail2ban works very nicely at preventing dictionary attacks and will simply ban the IP after a specified number of failed guesses.

Terry