/dev/rob0 yazm?s,:
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 07:32:27PM +0100, mouss wrote:
Wietse Venema a écrit :
Emre Yazici:
I want to is to dynamically set corresponding user so that Postfix can invoke maildrop with that user's permissions and mail delivery be made with the correct user rights.
Use the Postfix local(8) delivery agent, and execute the maildrop command via the mailbox_command (or mailbox_command_maps) mechanism.
alternatively, make sure maildrop is setuid (isn't this the default?) and run it as a "trusted user" (the list of trusted users is configured at maildrop build time). check maildrop docs.

Another alternative to consider, since the mailbox scheme seemed pretty simple, is to use virtual(8) with virtual_{gid,uid}_maps populated as needed and desired. A simple scheme might be to use a common group for all (such as "virtual_gid_maps=static:vmail") with separate UIDs per domain.

A more complex approach can be done, such as separate UIDs per mailbox, and a shared GID per domain. Then you have to create your maildirs with correct ownership when creating a new account.

That said, I prefer Wietse suggestion...

I do too, except I don't see the need for maildrop in this scenario. Looks like a job for local(8) on its own.
Using separate UID and a common GID leads to problem with maldrop because I use custom mailfilter file for each virtual user. From the maildrop manual page: