On 21/02/2010 22:03, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

On 21/02/2010 22:00, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

On 21/02/2010 21:55, Wietse Venema wrote:
Jonathan Tripathy:
My main issue is that my backup mx doesn't have sasl enabled (It's relay
only..)
Why would your users submit mail to the backup MX host?

    Wietse

You're correct, they woudn't. I just don't like the thought that someone could connect to the backup mx and pretend to be from my domain. However, as I've just found out, since the backup mx is "relaying" to primary, the primary mx bounces an email back, so I guess the email won't be delivered anyway, however the queue gets a MAILER-DAEMON messagage...

Actually, the MAILER-DAEMON message doesn't get queued at all! It just discards it when it can't find the user (If the from address was notarealaddr...@mydomain.com). So I guess it all good...

Oops I'm confusing myself here. The above is true if the spoofed from address was from my domain, but the user didn't exsist. If the user is real, then that user gets the MAILER-DAEMON message..