On 2/24/2010 12:47 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:

Anyway to restrict the From: header to the local domain as well as the
From<whitespace>  header

It seems that Majordomo will accept the mail if the From: is different
than the From

> From mrbrk...@panix.com

From: ru...@mrbrklyn.com

I'd like to reject it at the mail server if either is spoofed and it is
not originating from my local hosts on the internal network.

Actually, thing about this, that might not be a good idea and I doubt it
is even in the envelope.

Ruben

Right, rejecting From: headers that falsely claim to be from your domain is guaranteed to cause problems. Look at your posts to this mail list...

There's no easy solution to forged From: headers, but SpamAssassin can be a big help by identifying the underlying spam payload.

Also clamav antivirus with the Sanesecurity anti-spam/anti-phish addon signatures can catch a good amount of unwanted mail. Postfix can use clamav-milter to reject unwanted mail before it enters your system.

 -- Noel Jones