On Mon, March 1, 2010 11:34 pm, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Jack Knowlton:
>> I would like Postfix to
>> accept mail for any recipient of that particular domain and create the
matching Maildir once the first message has been received.
>> Thanks,
> This is possible but I don't think it is a good idea to auto-create
maildirs for users whose name starts with "../../", shell special
characters, and so on. For these reasons Postfix will not allow
> regular expression maps to be used for this purpose.
>       Wietse

Hi Wietse,

Thank you for the response. I am working on a disposable e-mail addressing
service thus need to accept mail for any username. The message files will
be read by the WWW daemon on a drive that shadow copies the primary
Postifx Maildirs. I can manually work out a list of "forbidden"
destination usernames that will be rejected.
Parsing one by one the message files to match against "X-Original-To"
header is not an option performance-wise.
If possible I would still like to implement the automatic maildir creation
process.
Thanks,

JK