Wietse Venema:
> donovan jeffrey j:

> It may be worthwhile to run the Postfix fsspace test program.

Not needed. The Postfix SMTP server logs this with verbose mode
turned on:

        msg_info("%s: blocks %lu avail %lu min_free %lu msg_size_limit %lu",
                 myname,
                 (unsigned long) fsbuf.block_size,
                 (unsigned long) fsbuf.block_free,
                 (unsigned long) var_queue_minfree,
                 (unsigned long) var_message_limit);

That is, it logs the file system blocksize, the number of free
blocks, and the "queue_minfree" and "message_size_limit" Postfix
parameter values.

Based on these, it decides if the number of free blocks is more
than queue_minfree, and if the message size limit in blocks is less
than the free blocks/1.5.

        Wietse