>> Is there a possibility to use a DNS-based RBL whitelist in Postfix? In
>> The Netherlands we have an NL-Whitelist, which contains the IP's of all
>> major ISP's. By using this whitelist one can make sure that accidental
>> automatic blacklisting won't disrupt regular email traffic.
>>
>> I had something like a permit_rbl_client directive in mind, that could
>> be placed in smtpd_recipient_restrictions, right before the
>> reject_rbl_client lines. Apparently there is no permit_rbl_client at
>> this moment, is there any other way to achieve this?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Erik.
>
> Postfix has no built-in support for DNS whitelists.
> You can add support by using a policy service.
> http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_POLICY_README.html
>
>   -- Noel Jones

Thanks for your reply. I see that I could construct a policy service to
do this, but it seems simpler and much more efficient to let postfix do
this natively. It already has al the DNS-resolving code and whatnot, I
would guess it shouldn't take much more than an extra negation somewhere
to make it permit instead of deny.

Wietse, is there a reason why you would not want a permit_rbl_client
feature in postfix? If not, then I would like to hereby suggest this
feature request.
If you would approve the feature request but don't have the time and/or
other incentive to implement it, I'd gladly try to submit a patch.