Frank Reid:
> Wietse Venema wrote:
>
>  > To prove that POSTFIX is at fault you need to demonstrate that
>  > ONE message with MULTIPLE recipients results in MULTIPLE deliveries.
>
> I did some tests, and it appears it only happens when addressing the virtual
> domain.  POSTFIX does only one "RCPT TO" for normal (local or remote)
> domains, but for the virtual domain, it does a "RCPT TO" for each recipient
> under the virtual domain that's destined.

According to Postfix 2.3, patch 10:

20070520

        Bugfix (problem introduced Postfix 2.3): when DSN support
        was introduced it broke "agressive" recipient duplicate
        elimination with "enable_original_recipient = no".  File:
        cleanup/cleanup_out_recipient.c.

So, you will need to upgrade.

BTW, Postfix 2.3 is no longer maintained. It is almost four years old.

        Wietser