I have a setup where the local deliver using cyrus-imapd is located on an encrypted volume. When the server is rebooted, we will manually mount the volume and start the cyrus application. However, until we start cyrus, how can i configure postfix to accept email but defer or hold the local deliver indefinitely?

we do have the maximal_queue_lifetime set to 1 day. I have set the defer_transports = local, soft_bounce = yes but when i setup the maximal_queue_lifetime to say 30 seconds, the message does get bounced back. Any suggestions?

Vernon