> mailingli...@belfin.ch:
>> Is there a way to customize the relocated bounce message?
>
> Postfix has configurable "bounce", "delayed", "success" and "trace"
> template text.
>
> Postfix has configurable "relocated_maps" responses

do you mean by this the Section 'Table Format' in
http://www.postfix.org/relocated.5.html?

If yes, I will have to (ab)use the vacation functionality to get
customizable relocation messages that the senders will read.
If such messages look like mailerdaemon error messages (which technically
spoken - that's what they in fact are) I am afraid non-IT people might not
feel addressed because it might look too technical to them. Next, users
come to us and ask us stuff which should be clear already from the
mailer-daemon bounced email.

Talking about bounce templates, "Recipient address rejected: User unknown"
and "Recipient address rejected: User has moved to" seem to use the same
bounce template. Can I separate this?
Can I use for relocated a template like:

failure_template = <<EOF
Charset: us-ascii
From: $recipient
Subject: I have a new email address
Postmaster-Subject: Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail

Hi

thank you for your email. I don't work here anymore. Please find my new
address information below.

best regards

EOF
<DIAGNOSTIC STUFF AT THE END>