Trier, James:
> Hi,
>
> I'm standing up Postfix to intercept inbound email to a particular
> domain. What I'd like to do is take the inbound emails that reach
> this Postfix host, regardless of its final destination address,
> and place them on the file system as a flat file. And that's it.
> We have another custom application that is going poll that directory
> and run some customizations on the messages and then forward them
> to an internal application that is using JAVA Mail to process
> them.
>
> Does anyone have any examples or simple solutions for this configuration?

Postfix can be configured to deliver all mail to a command that
saves each message to file, and have a polling process deliver
mail.  But that is terrible from a performance and reliability
point of view. If the JAVAMAIL system can accept mail over SMTP or
LMTP, then the whole system will be much more performant and much
more reliable.

/etc/postfix/main.cf
    mydestination = static:all
    default_transport = pipe_to_file

/etc/postfix/master.cf:
    pipe_to_file     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
        user=xxx argv=/some/where/command ${sender} ${recipient}

Where /some/where/command accepts ONE sender command-line argument
and MANY recipient command-line arguments, and saves each message
with sender and recipient to a unique file, in a manner such that
the JAVAMAIL system does not deliver messages before they are
completely stored.