On 29-6-2010 16:28, Noel Jones wrote:
On 6/29/2010 2:47 AM, ramesh wrote:

Hi,

I would like to have suggestion, presently we have internet service& subdomain from ISP.

Ex:   Domain: @providerdomain.com
       Subdomain:  @mydomain.providerdomain.com

Email Id: m...@mydomain.providerdomain.com

This ISP charging more internet charges comparing to other ISP's, so i wanted to take different ISP services.

I have registered my own domain, so now i wanted to migrate to my domain.

I need suggestions, things to consider while migrating to my domain.

m...@mydomain.providerdomain.com to m...@mydomain.com

The postfix setup depends on how your domain is currently configured. If your current domain is listed in mydestination, just add the new domain to mydestination.

Otherwise, see
http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html

this also reduces spam traffic once we switch over to new email id's.

Maybe temporarily, but don't bet on it long term.

All things being equal, no, having your own domain with a registered MX will not decrease the spam you see; quite the opposite. I recommend you set up proper UCE controls in postfix, optionally adding a content filter such as amavisd-new.
Google for "postfix cheatsheet" to find a good description.

J.