Out of all of the things we do to restrict spam,
the only one with a steady trickle of false positives is
the host lookup not passing reverse DNS check.

The only place I've seen which publicly talks about
the reverse DNS requirement is AOL.  A huge majority
of senders are correctly configured in DNS, as
attested by our rate of requiring a new whitelisted IP
roughly once per week, and knowing that up
to 800,000 messages per day per server fail the test
without upset to users.

Once in awhile, someone will make a little stink about
it and claim they have never run into the requirement
before "in seven years".  It would be nice to have a list
of organizations which do require reverse DNS check or
some similar fact to back up the sensibility of it all.

Any thoughts or comments out there on this?

--Donald