On 19-Aug-2010, at 13:08, D G Teed wrote:

> The only place I've seen which publicly talks about
> the reverse DNS requirement is AOL.

Craigslist requires that the reverse DNS match EXACTLY the mail server name.
So, if your mailserver doubles
as a dns server and your primary rDNS point to ns1.mydomain.tld and you send
mail from mail.mydomain.tld, craigslist will reject it.

They also never answer admin mail, so I've just told people using my
mailservers to use gmail for craigslist since I don't have spare IPs lying
around.

I used reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname and I tried
reject_unknown_client_hostname but that as very bad. Don't go there.

--
"How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an
enemy." -  Friedrich Nietzsche