Le 23/08/2010 04:47, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa a écrit :
Hi!

I got a curiosity, I have noted that the Date header the mail takes
comes from the client computer, so, if my computer have a wrong date,
my mail will go out with a wrong date too.

there is nothing curious about that. the Date header is specified by whomever writes the message. If I compose a message on 1st August and send it on 12 Septembre, the date is 1st Aug.

let me restate it: many headers, including the Date, Subject, From, ... are written by the message author. the mailman has no business opening the envelope and changing whatever lines there are in. the fact that many people take headers for what they are is a problem, but the solution is not: let's rewrite the message...

I know the server will put its own timestamp when it process the
message, but the destination mail client will use the Date header to
order messages, and thus, if someone's computer has a date of now-3
days, there is a risk that the mail he/she sends is overseen by the
receiver.

these people must learn to move their incoming mail to folders, or they need to reparse their whole inbox. that said, I classify my (incoming) mail by "order of reception", not by date...

I also know that there should be a policy to keep all of the company's
PCs clock synchronized to a central server: but that's not the case,
and there are a few PCs with failing BIOS batteries (which shouldn't
happen).

and there's also this thing: I can compose a message and send it later. I want to specify the date. I don't want the receiving system change it.

I have to ask: is there a way of making postfix rewrite Date header to
server's time for authenticated mail? (or at list for a range of IPs),
off course, a general header rewrite would not be good, because that
would overwrite header for mail coming from the Internet (that would
be really bad).

the first recommendation is: forget about that. if you really insist, then you can use header_checks
/^Date:(.*)/    Replace X-Date $1
Use this for a cleanup servic that is dedcated to outbound mail (this means you need to separate inbound and outbound mail).

  I took a quick look at the docs, and found nothing on
this matter, nevertheless, if someone can point me to a doc where this
is explained, that will be enough for me.

What do you think on this?

It's a bad idea. but postfix is flexible enough...