Dear list,

We are using $smtp_tls_policy_maps, in addition to
$smtp_tls_security_level==may. Hence, the machine opportunistically
uses TLS, while the policy ensures that certain destinations are
protected by trusted and secure channels.

Due to some issues we've been having[0], I would like to have a more
permanent means of confirmation that everything is in order.
Specifically, I would like to see in the logs when a security policy
was matched and applied. No matter how high I set
$smtp_tls_loglevel, this information is not printed.

Is it possible to configure postfix to log when it applies
a security policy?

Is it possible to have postfix add this information to the received
header? Would this be something worthwhile?

0. http://marc.info/?t=128292803400008&r=1&w=2

"you raise the blade, you make the change
 you rearrange me till i'm sane.
 you lock the door, and throw away the key,
 there's someone in my head but it's not me."
                                                   -- pink floyd, 1972

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net