On 30.08.10 22:11, mouss wrote:

> are you saying dovecot lmtp implementation has such a bug?

I think that Dovecot is a great piece of software and would not presume
to imply that it has a faulty LMTP implementation. More likely, I made
some mistake in configuring Dovecot. Currently, all my efforts of using
a Dovecot LMTP socket for Postfix's local deliveries fail, unless I add

  auth_username_format = %Ln

to my Dovecot config. As far as I understand it, this parameter removes
the domain part from all user lookups. I have not yet found a way to
provide userdb data (using LDAP or /etc/passwd as sources) with fully
qualified LMTP recipient addresses. Where would one specify such data in
/etc/passwd anyway, unless by (mis)using the GECOS field?

So, I don't say Dovecot has a bug, but I can't seem to find a way to
accomodate the needs of both Postfix and Dovecot, where the former
relies on fully qualified addresses which the latter rejects, at least
in my setup. This is quite vexing.

-Ralph