I'm not suer whether this is the correct place to report this - but if not please advise:

In the document:
http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

In the section entitled:

     Postfix SMTP/LMTP client policy - SASL mechanism /properties/

and the subsection:

       Encrypted SMTP session (TLS)

it recommends:

A more sophisticated policy allows plaintext mechanisms, but only over a TLS-encrypted connection:

   /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        smtpd_sasl_security_options  = noanonymous, noplaintext
        smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options  = noanonymous

I think these should be "smtp_" as opposed to "smtpd_" prefixes as it is discussing client side sasl. ...

Richard.