On 09/14/2010 08:02 AM, Simon Waters wrote:
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 13:51:12 CT wrote:

Does Postfix do an MX lookup on "inbound mail" as part of
"spam" prevention or some other check.. ?

Mind has "check_sender_mx_access" so and logs appropriate messages if the MX
results are unacceptable.

What are you trying to achieve, as it seems unlikely to me that you have a
purely academic interest in the mix of DNS requests generated.

It was a question that came up in a discussion..

I have had issues in the past when delivering email and I did not have PTR in place.. the email was rejected.. so the question regarding "inbound MX lookups" came up so I figured I would ask..

no nefarious intent here..

Thx for the response..
Charles