Le 14/09/2010 12:13, Frank Doege a écrit :
Hi all,

id like to modify the message postfix sends to the server when it rejects an email in one of the checks performed.

For example,

450 Helo command rejected: Host not found; http://readhereforemore.info

this message is obscure to me! what's the URL after "host not found"? the helo domain written as a URL or (most likely) a URL to visit to get more infos?

I'd prefer:
.... host not found. please see http://postmaster.example.com/rejected?helo=really.silly
but see below.

that administrators which have no clue about email systems have a bit more information why iam rejecting there mail.

- in most cases, there is no admin at the other side.
- the user gets an error message that is not necessary what yu send (think: "translation" by exchange or other) - most users won't read a DSN. it may be clear to you and me, but it is too long for a "normal" user

what is needed here is to have MUAs (Thunderbird, outlook, ...) understand URLs in error messages, but you'll have a hard time convincing the "smtp community" (ietf et al) to rely on the web (give'em sometime to digest the fact that we rely on the unreliable dns...).

anyway, you can't change the error message of some postfix errors unless you reimplement the check yourself.

does this make sense ?

Btw: I use tumgreyspf and it also sends a custom dsn message, is this non standard conform in any way ?

Thanks

Frank