On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> Yang Zhang:
>> Just to be clear, if I have this Maildir in my mailbox postmap:
>>
>>   j...@mydomain.com joe/
>>
>> and most other settings are the Ubuntu 10.04 postfix defaults, then
>> postfix will have done an fsync by the time the "250 OK: queued as
>> 12345" comes back, such that if I then immediately power cycle the
>
> No. Postfix replies "250 OK: queued as 12345" when the message is QUEUED.

Doesn't this contradict your original reply that durability is
guaranteed? If there's no fsync, then the message may not have been
persisted to non-volatile storage, and will be lost.

Just trying to understand this basic question, preferably without
having to source-dive or invest considerable time to become an expert
on email or Postfix. Thanks, I appreciate any help.
--
Yang Zhang
http://yz.mit.edu/