Kammen van, Marco, Springer SBM NL:
> Hi List,
>
> Is there a command line trick to test pipelining?

No, but you could use Postfix instead.

Sometimes the problem is not with the SMTP server itself, but with
a %#^#&% firewall that mis-implements the protocol.  With pipelining,
multiple commands are bundled together and the result may fill more
than one TCP packet.  Some CISCO implementations can't handle that.

http://fanf.livejournal.com/102206.html

        Wietse