Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth:
> I can smoothly send mails directly to the users with the problematic
> .forward files. (Directly as opposed to sending via the list-address.)

It also behaves as expected when I include "wietse" (with /dev/null
and \wietse in my .forward file) in an alias, whether or not that
has an owner- alias.

(if you nest aliases, then the "last" alias need the owner- alias).

FYI, nothing will change before this can be independently reproduced.
So, if you can come up with a small example that does not involve
LDAP that would help.

(there is no such thing in Postfix as an overflow; when memory runs
out, Postfix terminates the operation and tries later).

There are no major changes in local(8) source code; I compared the
2.5.something version against today's version (the changes involve
sending bounces to the owner- address, which is not at issue here).