On 9/27/2010 6:53 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Jim McIver put forth on 9/27/2010 5:00 PM:
I'm running postfix 2.5.6 on Freebsd 7.2 and am having an issue with
message size limit and a user not being able to send a file.

I'm trying to limit the message size to 6 megabytes and in the main.cf I
set:

message_size_limit = 6000000

maillog shows:

(message size 5414717 exceeds size limit 5242880 of server
127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1])

I wanted the message so I set message_size_limit = 0 and reloaded postfix.

postconf -n |grep size shows:

message_size_limit = 0

so I figured the message should come through as this is suppose to
disable the size limit.

I still get: message size 5415340 exceeds size limit 5242880 of server
127.0.0.1

Complete postconf -n, master.cf, and unedited log entries would be
helpful.  In lieu of that, it looks like maybe you a content filter in
master.cf configured on 127.0.0.1 that has

-o message_size_limit = 5242880

That just a wild guess in absence of seeing your complete config files.

Stan,

Good catch, forgot about the content filter for viruses, it also had a size setting.
thx,
-Jim