On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:49:32PM -0400, Christopher Koeber wrote:

> After making the changes where only I was explicitly setting things to what
> I needed them to be versus the default the postfix system seems faster, too!

This is an optical illusion. Removing default settings simplifies your
configuration for a human reader, but has no performance impact.

Postfix defaults change from time to time, and unless you have a
particular reason to explicity chose the current default value, it is
best to let future Postfix releases run with the defaults for the release
in question.

--
        Viktor.