On Nov 4, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

> I have SPF setup and Postfix is rejecting mail from explicitly unauthorized
> servers. If a customer wants me to customize the configuration so that they
> can receive mail from that server, is that wrong? Their current SPF TXT
> record contains a hard fail as ...
>
> "v=spf1 a mx ptr -all"
>
> --Robert

I wouldn't reject messages that fail SPF or any other authentication
technologies, like DK/DKIM. They aren't perfect and could be totally
legitimate. You can Google to find the specific cases where they fail.

What you might want to consider is do extra spam checks for those messages that
fail.

HTH,

-will