Wietse Venema put forth on 11/24/2010 2:26 PM:

> My objection was to your suggestion that a single postmap command
> is representative of Postfix performance. Given that there is easily
> a factor 100 difference in compile time versus query time, a single
> postmap command is typical only for machines that handle so little
> mail that the daemons terminate when they reach the idle time limit.

I wasn't suggesting such Wietse, but merely displaying my ignorance of
the proper testing procedure.  Thanks again for explaining how to
perform such a test properly and for opening my eyes to the fact that
each query is consuming a lot less time that I originally thought,
assuming proxymap is already running.

And yes, performance isn't critical on the system in question.  But the
education you've provided in this thread is very valuable nonetheless.

Thanks again for the insight.

--
Stan