Am 26.11.2010 22:36, schrieb Terry Gilsenan:
> _______________________________________

youre right

> Firstly from an MX (inward smtp) point of view, they smell very spammy, rDNS
> in one domain, helo in another, and envelope sender from yet another.
>
> Added to this sender verification does not work, and if you are using
> greylisting, the chances are very good that the triplet will never be seen
> again, which means a delivery failure for their customers.
>
> I have had to poke a lot of holes into our system to cope with frontbridge
> customers. This has meant that all the spammers that relay through microsofts
> customers, or even via Microsoft hosted exchange directly, get delivery to
> our system. The amount of spam in our mailboxes has trippled since i removed
> sender verification for frontbridge.com and bigfish.com (yep that is the Helo
> domain - and probably demonstrated Microsofts view of themselves.)
>
> Microsoft pay no heed to standards, they are a marketing machine. Open
> Source, and RFC's are unlikely to bring in the buck$ for them, so instead
> they invent their own.
>
> How to fix...:
>
> Put pressure on Microsofts customers. Microsoft is not interested in what you
> or I say, but they suddenly get interested when their customers vote with
> their checkbooks.
>
> When Microsofts customers complain that they cant send email to your users,
> be conforted in the knowledge that there are a lot of places they can not
> send email now, based on Microsofts brokenness. Microsoft doesnt care.
>
> My 2 bits.

the microsoft customer service as well others from big companies are
nightmares, if they react , it takes weeks at minimum, the only way may
get faster is by pressing from customer itself, mostly you have to fix
problems at your side
i think investing time to disuss that is loose

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria