lst_ho...@kwsoft.de wrote:
Zitat von Randy Ramsdell <rramsd...@activedg.com>:

Hi,

I am going to have to implement something that drops rejected mail from one of our aliases.

The scenario is that we forward to a external server and cannot match its spam/UCE rules so our server backskatters mail.

One way would be to drop all rejects. I think this will work because our server handles the $users and only forwards known.

Or what would be the best practices way?

Best practice is to not forward mail to destinations which don't accept it. If the detination has no feature of "whitelist" your server, disable forwarding to that destination. All other options lead to potential mail blackholes which are worse than spam.

Regards

Andreas

I understand this. However, I cannot tell the President of our company that he can't use his exchange server and it is beyond my control to change the hosted exchange server configuration. I have to forward this mail no matter what I think should be done.

So to rephrase, what would be the best practices way given I have to do forward this email and am powerless to change the design other than our setup which may only include trying to mitigate backskatter?