hi,

we need to set up postfix as an incoming relay which forwards
messages via transport to a protected exchange 2007 server.
to do this without getting backscatter, we need to check the
recipients for validity on exchange server side in AD/LDAP.

this howto from 2003 describes pretty well, what i want to achieve:
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/mailrelay/

so, is it still (seven years later) "The right thing™ to do" ?
will it work proper with exchange 2007/2010 ?
since the usage of "script-generated map-files" will never show
a real-time picture of the valid exchange-recipients to postfix,
isn't it nicer to do "online LDAP requests" from postfix?
maybe this is possible with a LDAP-SASL plugin...?

regards

MK