Hi!

I'm using postfix 2.5 and configured LDAP as lookup table for my virtual map
like this:

ldapvirtualfoobar_server_host = ldap://myserver:389
ldapvirtualfoobar_search_base = dc=my,dc=ldap,dc=base
ldapvirtualfoobar_query_filter = (&(objectClass=someClass)(someAttribute=%s))
ldapvirtualfoobar_result_attribute = mail
ldapvirtualfoobar_result_filter = %s

The main problem is that "mail" is a multivalue attribute and nearly all of
the found LDAP objects contain multiple values for "mail". In this case the
incoming mail gets duplicated. "size_limit=1" does only limit the number of
found LDAP objects per LDAP query (which is always 1 in my case).
"expansion_limit=1" causes a temporary error if more than one mail address is
returned during lookup.
Is there any way to return only one address by LDAP query if result_attribute
is a multivalue attribute? It doesn't matter which one of the values is
returned.
The more I read the docs I get the feeling that it's currently not possible
but maybe you know a less-known/undocumented trick.

Thanks in advance

 Sönke
--
Sönke Schwardt-Krummrich