On 12/02/2010 10:29 AM, Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:
On 12/02/2010 09:40 AM, Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:
In order for this to work, you should add non-local user aliases to virtual_alias_maps using the fully qualified addresses on both the left and right sides.

virtual_alias_maps are global and you *should not* add anything to virtual_alias_domains.

Can virtual_alias_maps contain commands like aliases can?

In particular the commands used for Mailman?

For my system I am using an SQL table for my this:

postconf -e ' virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf'

No, you cannot run commands from virtual_alias_maps.

The answers you seek are documented in Mailman http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html

I THINK I have things working now. More reading and rereading (for the 6th time at least) the mailman docs and things SEEM to be working. Now to do a rebuild and step through with no mis-steps. I hope.