On 12/17/10 10:47 PM, Zhou, Yan wrote:
   I added code in the
heavy-lifting Java program to send a message back to SMTP server. I got
an error:"you  must issue STARTTLS first".

You apparently configured postfix to require encryption on mail submission.

I have no idea why Postfix asks for that, because it is not configured
to use SMTP authentication.

It is not asking for authentication.
TLS has nothing to do with authentication.

  Anyway, my question is: can this be
supported: during processing a message, send another message back to
Postfix. (It almost sounds like an re-entrance in programming terms).

Your message processor is free to do anything it pleases.
It can use SMTP or any other method of re-injecting mail into postfix, but you are responsible for avoiding mail loops.

Thanks,
Yan

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic
transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only
for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information
contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify us by telephone (513)
229-5500 or by email (postmas...@medplus.com). After replying, please erase it
from your computer system.

Silly.

--