Le 20/12/2010 13:11, Frank Bonnet a écrit :
Hello

I'm searching for an automated solution that will split
bigs emails in several parts ( as we do with mpack manually )
then reassemble them at reception.

It would be transparent for the user that would
receive only one big email.

Do you mean reassemble then deliver to mailbox? but then downloading large files over IMAP or POP is a pain. also, didn't test, but an anti-virus on the client box won't be happy (and these beasts know how to show when they're not happy;-p)

if the problem is at postfix side, simply increase the limit.

a better solution is to use web application that allows users to upload files and chose recipients. the application then sends URLs to recipients... (of course, files must have expiry dates. lest you provide a free storage server!).

if asking users to upload to web server is too much (but really, it's better than sending the document via smtp. performances will help motivate users), then you could setup a content filter that extracts large attachments and replaces them with a URL. (be careful not to mess up with the MIME structure...).

or you might be happy if you have clients that support fragmented messages (these never really made it, in part because of the security risks).